About the ESA
Who we are, what we do, what we believe.
The Event Safety Alliance (ESA) is a non-profit trade association of live event industry professionals committed to eliminating unsafe behaviors and conditions throughout our industry. The association is made up of individual and corporate members from all segments of the live event industry who are devoted to making a difference—and saving lives. Motivated by past tragedies, and to honor those who through their sacrifice contributed to our learning, we believe that…
- We have a responsibility to provide a safe environment for our industry family and guests;
- Cultivating a culture of safety will reduce uncertainty and risk while positively impacting our members in the quality, reliability, competitiveness and profitability of their work;
- The industry possesses the motivation, experience, skill, and desire to assure the safety of its own assets; and
- Every individual has the power to improve safety at an event by not just talking about safe methods and techniques, but practicing them, advocating for them on the job, arriving prepared and equipped to operate safely, and intervening when necessary to prevent unsafe acts.
A major goal of the ESA is to transform the culture of the industry (i.e., the way we do things) by deeply integrating safety into all activities so that both individual and group behaviors are affected. With your help, we will achieve this through:
- The promotion of life safety first as a priority in the live event industry;
- The crafting of industry-specific tools that identify, assess and reduce risk in live event activities;
- The compilation, distillation, and dissemination of industry-specific safety information and reasonable practices;
- The development of industry-specific safety training;
- Working cooperatively with industry leaders and stake-holders, including insurers and government, to develop loss prevention strategies; and
- Building global relationships to improve safety across all disciplines working with the live event industry.
Please help us assure that everyone who attends live events—our industry partners, our co-workers, and our audience—enjoys the show and goes home safely. Commit, right now, to putting life safety first. Become a member of the Event Safety Alliance.